Monday, November 22, 2010

Making Time for What is Important

Image courtesy of Blissful Image
Okay! Let's go through the list I set for myself and see how well I've gone on Day 01:

  • Get up 5.30am prepare a nutritious breakfast and go to the gym for pilates or yoga.
Check! I made my fiance and me a banana, cinnamon and almond smoothie and finished off some beautiful gluten-free sun-dried tomato and baby spinach tarts (thanks to the Almond Flour Cookbook by Elana Amsterdam). Didn't go to the gym - I figured getting a good breakfast and lunches ready for the week was more important!
  • Get out of the office at lunch time for a 10 minute walk.
Check! The other designers and I wandered down around Millers Point to and back before having lunch.
  • Spend at least half an hour a day reading.
Check! I read on the bus.
Check! I walked home from Glebe to Stanmore (for the record, that's about 3kms and I did it in 25 mins) and even ran a few blocks! Hooray!
  • 2-3 hours study Tuesday and Thursday nights.
Oops! Make that Monday and Wednesday nights - and after I jump in the shower I will be getting stuck into some study!
  • To prepare delicious, nutritious meals each day.
Check! My lunch was the envy of all at work today - gluten free tart, some rocket, cherry tomatoes, a little organic sheeps milk fetta and a drizzle of flaxseed and umeboshi vinegar!
  • To blog and journal my experiences at least every second day.
Check! 
  • Spend some time each day to focus, visualise and feel myself achieving my goals and dreams - probably whilst walking.
Check! 
  • To pamper myself with a bath, foot treatment before bed, home facial as often as possible!
I'm just about to hop in the shower.
  • Get to bed early.
Will do! I'm pooped! But in a good way.

Feeling good - happy that I've made the time today to get everything done that I wanted to and I've just prove to myself that it is possible to everything I want to do (and that I can motivate myself to do it). I did think that I was going to miss walking home because I was at work until 6.15 or so, but I was still home by 7.30!

I'm hoping that in a couple of weeks I'll be able to walk or jog the whole way! That's 7kms.

They say the second day is always the hardest. But I think I'm ready!

xK 

0 comments:

Post a Comment