Saturday, October 30, 2010

Tropical Getaway in Bali - Part One


So for the last 9 days I have been over in Bali, and I thought I'd better do a bit of a round-up! Last week's challenge was to do something active everyday, I think I completed this challenge reasonably well considering I spent one full day in an 'Amazing Race' style day of traveling.

Here as the the activities I did every day:

Monday:  Resistance Training - set up for me by a personal trainer, including weights and machines for upper body and legs, ab work and 20 minutes of cardio.

Tuesday:  Pilates - 45 minute reformer pilates class.

Wednesday: 20 minutes fast paced walk 2.5km

Thursday:  We were running around airports and dealing with long flights, not really exercise but exhausting all the same, right? Right?

Friday: Spent 2 hours walking around Bali in 93% humidity - I could easily compare it to a Bikram yoga class!!!

Saturday:  45 minute Stretch class and swimming in the ocean off Lembongan Island

Sunday:  Swimming laps in the pool

When I measured myself on Monday morning I had lost 1cm off my bust, waist and hip measurements. It was definitely hard to keep the momentum of energy up whilst on holidays and I know I could have done more. I may have subconsciously sabotaged myself by forgetting my gym clothes, or maybe that was the universe just telling me to relax a little, who knows.

I have been feeling more and more like I'm ready to go without alcohol for a little while. I think that will be next week's challenge. It may also help in shifting some weight that I'm finding difficult to loose - despite eating well and exercising regularly, alcohol is one of my biggest vices.

But all in all it was a beautiful week in Bali and with the sun, water, exercise, fresh air and fruits I was feeling fantastic, and that's all that really matters in the end!

The people in Bali were absolutely beautiful, despite living in a country rife with corruption and bribes, poverty and unfortunate events like the bombings in 2002 - not to mention overrun with sunburn, drunken tourists all wearing the uniform of Bintang singlets and braided hair. They look at everything in such an optimistic and forgiving light.

They have space and time for everyone and everything.

The next week I was hoping to do meditation everyday but I'll go into that in another post tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment