Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunny Spring Afternoon

What a beautiful Sunday in Sydney. The sun has been shining, I had breakfast in the backyard and meditated, we had friends pop around for a surprise visit and they brought some beautiful nougat, I re-painted some chairs and now here I am with soft music and the sound of birds chirping flowing through the open window.  I could not be happier at the moment, I feel completely at ease.

This could not be a better start for 2 new things this week: my Nutritional Medicine course begins and so does my 'weekly challenges'. AND I leave for Bali on Thursday!!

So, this week's challenge is to:

Do something active everyday.

I plan to go the gym tomorrow morning for cardio and weights, reformer pilates on Tuesday and Wednesday I will finally get to go back to the Yoga teacher who was such a fantastic inspiration for me in overcoming my fear of handstands a few weeks ago!

Then in Bali I want to make sure I do at least one of, any of the following things, everyday for the remainder of the week:
  • Walking (on the beach preferably),
  • Yoga (also, on the beach preferably),
  • Using the gym,
  • Snorkeling (which I have always been a bit scared of doing...)
  • Swimming, or
  • Hiking.
(A little bit of a side note here: I also really, really, REALLY want to do some sort of a cooking class, I would love to surprise my family by finding somewhere that I can take them for a bit of an un-touristy evening and wonderful cultural experience in Nusa Dua).

This week I will track how I am feeling and then, next Sunday, I will post my updated measurements and an overall review on how felt, etc.

I'm so excited. I feel these goals are totally achievable, because it is just one week and if they work their way into my every day life then that's great, but I'm not putting the usual extreme pressure on myself to achieve the unachievable.

 I already think I know what next week's challenge will be:

Meditate every day for 1 hour.

Where else would be better to do this than on holidays in Bali, huh?

0 comments:

Post a Comment